Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Creating grossology


My sister Stacie took her kids to an exhibit called, "Grossology"- check it out here. The reason for my follow-up is that I have two worthy pieces of "grossology" to contribute: Mr. Floppy and The Sloth. Now, everyone who knows Lucy, knows Mr. Floppy. But Everyone who knows Mr. Floppy doesn't necessarily know the places Mr. Floppy has been, and quite frankly, probably doesn't want to know. To begin, Lucy insists that Mr. Floppy tastes like cheese and pizza. He has also made it through many stomach sicknesses, played in many mud muddles and has been used as a substitute for Kleenex. On top of that his fur has started to feel more like straw, parts of his body have swam in the toilet, and he needs a butt lift, as his stuffing is somehow disappearing. I know what some of you might be thinking, "I've touched Mr. Floppy." Do not fret- baths, he has had many. Lucy has also been sure that his stomach has been satisfied with her faithful breast feedings. And if love counts for anything he has been loved to the extreme. His history remains and is evident in his appearance, but what good mom wouldn't look beyond?

And now, The Sloth. Our friend gave us the sleeping bag for Lucy when she was born. You put the kid in it when they sleep, and they can't kick it off. Lucy used it, and then Will used it. The difference is, Will became reliant on it and LOVES it. If you are feeling brave, look closely. Many stains have accumulated over the years, of such caliber that I dare not say. However, I dare say that one little pair of hands has been many times comforted and calmed by the blue and white checkers, worn woolly inside, and familiarity of his dear sloth. I'm sure there are more stories ahead for The sloth, and I'm sure that filthiness with always be a part of that story. As for now, I do think it is worthy enough to be put in the category of "grossology" as well. Here's to grossology! .... mixed with lots of love-

No comments: