Friday, September 24, 2010

The new room

As I mentioned a while ago we've been working on a new room/playroom in our house.  We're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel which means that my brain is turning with decorating ideas and paint colors.  So, I think I've come to my conclusion.  But if you know me, sometimes my decorating conclusions change.  For now I've landed on a white lime paint color, with Carnival red accents and black and white stripes mixed in.  Sounds a bit crazy?  I think it does to... a bit, but I think it could look really cool too.  Nate, like usual, says "I can't really picture it. "  That's ok though.  We'll see if we can pull off the many projects going on in our house right now.  And if we do, I'll post some pictures.  I love doing this stuff and get a little obsessive over it.  The Lord's teaching me patience as with the 5 kids I don't quite have the flexibility to become obsessed like I used to and things just take longer... a lot longer!  As for life right now, we're busy.  I know a lot of explanation probably isn't needed, but keeping up with life can be hard.  That said, I haven't been in picture or document mode lately.  In fact, I feel like I haven't hardly picked up my camera lately and am focusing on on the children and when I have a spare moment (not often), projects/decorating.  So, maybe as a break from kid pics, I'll post some things I've been up to.  That, however, is for another post, as I am sensing that my computer time is coming to an end.  

1 comment:

Cutzi said...

Ohhh... I can picture it! ;-) It's going to be great!

I've been leaning toward lighter walls lately. Like white maybe. All the rooms I like lately have light walls. I'm afraid to mention this to Justin though.