Before
After

The old

The bright and happy new!

The old location of our stove below made no sense tucked away in the corner like that. This is now the home to our fridge!

Ta da!
In the pantry to the right of the fridge I have my vacuum. This is no small thing for me, I've been tripping over my vacuum in my bedroom for the last 3 years because we don't have a closet on this floor. Every time I see it tucked away I get happy. Also, you might note the awesome cubbies that Trev made for our hall. Shoes and jackets have homes!

Our old (embarrassingly unorganized and Little Caesar filled) pantry below. That "pantry" invited little hands. This bookshelf is now where it should stay, in Nate's office. Our new pantry is shown above in the corner by the nook. The food is nice and hidden, as it should be.

The table below is from Nate's mom and Dad. It actually survived through their garage fire and made it's way to our house for the nook. I painted it green, aged it a bit, and love it!


I made the two smaller pillows for the nook. I used outside fabric so I could wipe the vast array of substances that will land there. I still need to make a cover for that white one (don't know how to do a zipper though). I was thinking of making it with denim.

The backsplash. I went round and round about what backsplash to use. I landed on these after I could actually find them in stock someplace. They are Moroccan lantern tiles and I am in love with them! I couldn't decided if I wanted them everywhere because I am kind of a mix-n-match kind of girl.

So, behind the stove I did the mini-retro subway tiles.

I chose three different styles of handles from Martha Stewart's collection at Home Depot.

And the pulls below. (notice the bread, it's from my ACME food box- scrumptious, local food home delivered with meal plan)

The best part of the whole kitchen is seeing the kids use it. This kitchen works so much better for our family and I am so thankful!

I really wanted a peninsula with an overhang. It was really hard to cook with 5 little people dragging their stools on both sides of me. Having this little space is great for cooking together and watching me get ready for din din.

I love the little nook. We got a bigger window! I can see the whole backyard now and it lets in so much light. Lucy was sitting on the bench, eating apple sauce and listening to a book on cd all cozied up. This made me happy.



7 comments:
I can't tell you ENOUGH how much I love the redo; it was funny how when I saw it all done I just couldn't. stop. smiling. in. there; it really looks fantastic! My favorite pics are the chandelier/sink one and Lucy....
This is so amazing! So much more functional and will be so much easier to keep it running smooth! Congratulations!
Love it, Shannon. You must be in heaven.
So beautiful! Especially love the light fixture & both of your lovely tile choices! How fun! :)
We're in the planning stages of some smaller kitchen upgrades, and a total bathroom renovation. I loooove the planning - the chaos with small children? Not so much! But I think it will be worth it in the end. :)
This is gorgeous Shannon!! Very well done. Love it.
Ohhhh! Love Love Love!
I've checked in periodically and figured with a husband, 5 kids, a few chickens, a home renovation, and a partridge in a pear tree... you had more things than this blog to worry about!!
I'm always impressed what you accomplish with so many little ones around!
I am still nannying. I just have one 20 month old little girl, Lily. She's sweet and we have fun every day!
Post a Comment