I grew up going to the ocean. My dad loved it and I often found myself looking for treasures by the oceanside. I heard him many times debating why the ocean is better than the lake. "There's so much more to explore." I guess it's in my genes because I always just find myself by the water. Life can be crazy, children can be "off" and my soul can just feel unsettled. The second I go to the beach, I take a deep breath. I don't think anything is magical about the ocean (although I sometimes use that word, and I kind of do think this whole world is magical), I think God is good, His creation is beautiful and it is a huge source of blessing in my life. The kids climb forts, make all kinds of collections, blow dandelions, wade in the water and let their imaginations go wild. God is a creative Father and I am so very thankful.
(By the way, I got a new (to me) camera! After almost 8 years my camera is done. Excuse the excessive amount of pictures. But honestly, they are a treasure to me to look at and remember the many many times we land here)




















1 comment:
Beautiful pictures, Shannon.
That's how I feel about the ocean, too. It's so good for my soul, and so restive and refreshing.
Blessings to you and yours,
~Stacy
Post a Comment