Friday, August 8, 2014

Vacation Part 3: Orcas Island

Our final trip was to Orcas Island.  I went to camp there a bit growing up, but never really had time to explore until this trip.  It was such a beautiful island and I can't think of a better way to end Nate's vacation.  Right outside of our cabin was an awesome rock on the ocean that our kids searched for crabs and jellyfish all week.  They made a play for us on the beach and created their homes out of sticks and beach findings.   Nate and I also went on a kayaking trip just the two of us which was glorious!










 



 We also drove (yes drove, not hiked) up to Mount Constitution.  The view was absolutely stunning- like none I've seen.



 Nate finished Beowulf with the kiddos under this tree on the rock- few better places to complete a book.





1 comment:

Kathy Day said...

I'm leaving a comment on your blog!! :) It was so, so good to see your family and re-connect, and we felt spoiled after getting to hang with you guys two weekends in a row!! Your pictures are amazing as always....we miss you!! Sophie has been asking me to go out and get those giant gumballs she promised Ada. :) Such sweet kids you have!