Call it what you will- I often call it a roller coaster ride. I have learned that the only thing you can predict in parenting is that things are destined to be unpredictable. Right when I think I have things figured out- The Lord is sure to teach me that I don't. One minute the kids are happily playing together, the next minute they are both passionately grabbing for the same toy. One minute the house is spic-and-span, the next minute there's laundry everywhere, a sink full of dishes, play-dough on the wall, and avocado rubbed into the carpet. One minute my kids are nice and healthy, the next minute our house is so covered with the bodily fluids from the stomach flu that our pottery barn candles are barely covering the scent. One minute Lucy's saying, "ok mommy, I love my mommy, this is my mommy", the next minute, "no, no, no mommy!" One minute peace and quite, the next minute, the extreme opposite of peace and quite. All that I can do is thank the Lord for the one minutes, or the next minutes would drive me nutso. At the end of the day, I have to say, the one minutes outweigh the next minutes by a long shot.
Monday, January 22, 2007
One minute... the next
Call it what you will- I often call it a roller coaster ride. I have learned that the only thing you can predict in parenting is that things are destined to be unpredictable. Right when I think I have things figured out- The Lord is sure to teach me that I don't. One minute the kids are happily playing together, the next minute they are both passionately grabbing for the same toy. One minute the house is spic-and-span, the next minute there's laundry everywhere, a sink full of dishes, play-dough on the wall, and avocado rubbed into the carpet. One minute my kids are nice and healthy, the next minute our house is so covered with the bodily fluids from the stomach flu that our pottery barn candles are barely covering the scent. One minute Lucy's saying, "ok mommy, I love my mommy, this is my mommy", the next minute, "no, no, no mommy!" One minute peace and quite, the next minute, the extreme opposite of peace and quite. All that I can do is thank the Lord for the one minutes, or the next minutes would drive me nutso. At the end of the day, I have to say, the one minutes outweigh the next minutes by a long shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment