Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm not quite as dinky as they thought

The band aid on her forehead was on her arm to cover her shots at the doc. I have to say I was a proud mom. She hasn't had a shot for a long time, so I really don't think she remembered those gadgets functions. However, she sat and the table, got her two pricks and told the doc it didn't hurt at all. Then, seeing Lucy's bravery, Will sat and took his three shots without a flinch. Lucy showed him how to do it. As we were leaving she said, "God helped me".

At the doc I found out that Lucy's not quite as dinky as we thought. We always call Lucy "dinky" and Will "chunk-a-runk". When they start to develop some kind of complex we'll stop, but for now it works. Nate and I were convinced Lucy didn't grow this last year. She is still wearing some of the clothes from when she was 18 months, and she even has a skirt that is 6-12 months. I was very surprised to see her numbers at the doc. As for Will, he still well deserves the name chunk-a-runk.

For my records, here are the stats:

Lucy-
30 lbs. 13 oz. = 44%
38.5 in. = 74%

William-
28 lbs. 3 oz. = 74%
35.5 in = 96%

1 comment:

Durr Family said...

I love that picture with the band-aid on Lucy's head. The botanical gardens look beautiful too! Miss you!