Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cooking vs. Baking



In a fight between cooking and baking in our house, cooking will win every time. Never been much of a baker- maybe it's because I don't like recipes. In my cooking I rarely use a recipe- mainly just because I'm not patient enough. I'd way rather throw a bunch of ingredients together and hope they turn out, this is difficult to do with baking. I think that's why I don't like it. Despite my feelings, I still participate in the art, in hope that I might enjoy it, but mainly because I love all food, including food that needs to be baked! Oh yes, and the uncooked cookie dough is a perk also! Lucy and I made some chocolate peppermint cookies, I haven't tried them yet, but am hoping they'll be a larger version of Peppermint Jo Jo's from Trader Joes. If you're in my KG, you'll get to find out tonight. If they're a bust, well, I tried... and like I said, I'm not a baker. However, with the ridiculous amount of butter I used, I imagine they'll at least be edible.

2 comments:

Lori said...

They turned out great! I really loved them! Thanks Shannon!
They looked so beautiful too that I am glad you put a picture of them on here!

Larson Famdango said...

I agree completely with you on cooking vs. baking. It's so much better to just throw something together then measure etc. You take amazing pictures, I didn't know you had such a talent.
Anna