
Yes, current temperature 55 degrees, our thermostat does not lie, at least not on one front. That arrow, for example, I look at it mocking me. It's says, "push me and I'll make it warmer"- LIAR! I keep trying though- it's not working. I've begun to doubt all arrows. Just today I was about to go up the elevator, Will went to push the up arrow and I thought- it's not going to work! Or, the TV, I push the arrow up doubting that it will actually go. The Elevator and TV did not fail me, however, the thermostat does. 64, another lie. Why does it even ask what temperature I want it to be? The 64 just reminds me that it is not 64 degrees in our house. We've tried every trick, putting it up to 90 degrees, turning it off on on 3 times and resetting it, pressing the red arrow 5 times, the blue arrow once, holding them both down, closing our eyes while jumping up and down on our right foot- then left foot, then turning it on, nothing's working! The face below explains my feelings regarding this issue.
Some of you might be saying, "Get it fixed!" That sounds like a nice easy solution, and yes, I have thought of it many times, however, I keep telling myself, "spring is around the corner, I can do it". Truth be told it's actually our landlord's responsibility, and he would be more than willing I'm sure, however sense we have been here things keep breaking, and I don't want him to have to fix one more thing. The good news, tomorrow it's supposed to be 52! Our thermostat is fine when it's above 40, but with this frigid weather it just can't keep up. So, as for now, we're bundling, taking baths, drinking tea, using lots of blankets, and giving lots of pep talks. So, if any of you come over, be prepared with slippers and mittens! However, I have an inkling that this post might keep most away....
5 comments:
Brrrr! No fun. The good thing is you look super cute in that red hat and scarf. Have you tried yelling at the thermostat and hitting it? Or maybe you can hold indoor Olympics so you keep exercising to keep warm. So sorry friend! Really really really miss you. Want to hang out? I sure do. Love you.
By the way, great close-up of you. I don't think I could do that... it would be blindingly obvious that I definitely do not keep up with tweezing my brows. Haha!
What's the big deal? You've stayed at the Walkers, right? This is standard Tony Walker indoor temperature. :)
hey- found another one... I can't believe how far this is going! I think it is awesome
You poor girl! I am cold just thinking about it!
Post a Comment