So, things have been crazy lately, let me try that again, Crazy (this time with a capital "C".) We are flying out on Thursday to Seattle for a summer internship and we are very excited. Amongst all the craziness of packing and such I had to take poor Will to the Doc. I just was anticipating an ear infection and was quite surprised when they sent us to the hospital for a x-ray of his chest. It ends up that he has pneumonia. It's a mild form, and not as scary as it sounds, but still- yikes. They also said it could be some virus mixed with asthma- so really we don't know. Both the kids also came away with antibiotics for ear infections. We are really thankful that we found out now so we wouldn't have two kids on the airplane with untreated ear infections. All that said, please pray that the Lord will heal their bodies and give us help on the airplane. ( I actually just did a test run with Benadryl on the kids to make sure they don't have a funky reaction on the airplane and it went beautifully. I put them to bed at 6:30 and I didn't hear a peep from them, a wonderful thing).
Also, you could pray that we will find a place to live. We are leaving on Thursday and staying with Nate's parents, but for the other 2 1/2 months we don't have a place to live. We are thankful that family is there, but we would really love to have a place of our own.
On a cheery note, Nate and I are going on a cruise to Mexico with my family in 10 days! We are sooo excited. We haven't had more than one night away from the kids, so this is going to be a treat (of course we'll miss them too). The thought of sitting out on a deck, looking out at the ocean and sipping my virgin Margarita is just a dream, especially today.
And here's the best for last. We went to the doctor yesterday and had an ultra-sound. It was really great, I've never had an ultra-sound this early. It was the first time I heard the heartbeat and got to see the little one inside me. Everything looked great and as far as we can see we have a healthy little baby in there growing just like it should- we are so thankful! I'm also feeling really good. I'm not as tired and not as picky with food, my backs still a bit of a bother.
So, I might be down and out for a bit as we are in limbo. However, I'll try to pop up a thing or two every once and a while. I'll conclude with a HUGE thank you to Alyssa, who bravely took both my children today so I could clean the house and to Courtney, who helped me clean. What would we do without the body?- I just don't know. It is such an amazing blessing to not have to walk through life alone and I am so grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear the kids are ill! That's not fun at all! I'll definitely be praying for the whole family as you move! Are you guys going back to Seattle for the summer or for good?
I'm jealous of that cruise for sure! I wish I had a margarita amidst my house full of boxes! I cannot imagine two little ones running around while I packed, it's a big enough job without having to focus on anything else!!!
Shannon- I am so sorry to hear about the kids! It must be hard as a parent to see your kids sick like that. I hope the antibiotics work quickly!
That is awesome that Alyssa and Shannon did that for you!
P.S.We are really going to miss you this summer!
Shan...so sorry about the kids being sick...I will pray they get better before the travel. Tys and I are excited you guys will be on the West Coast again and hope we can come visit you soon! Have so much fun on the cruise! We are leaving for vacation in 5 1/2 days and I can't wait. Kai will be with us but so will grandparents so that means I will get a little break once in a while...and there should be sunshine in Utah:) Your in our prayers!
Gosh, how stressful all that sounds. We will be praying for Lucy and Will and for a quick recovery. Sometime over the course of the next couple of months, let's hook up. I know Abigail will be thrilled to meet all of you! Have a safe trip!! Can't wait to see you!
Wow, lots going on for you guys. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery for the kids and for things to come together for housing this summer. Glad to hear the baby is doing well. We'll miss you guys this summer. Glad for blogs to keep in touch a little bit.
Hope you are settled in!
It seems that life pours down everything at once, but you are handling it beautifully. Maybe we can snag a date since you will be so close to us??
-Rachel
Post a Comment