Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Girls Visit

My sisters and mom came out to visit and we had an amazing time. It is a rare thing that just the girls of the family get together. Nate was in Alabama for most of it, so it was perfect timing for them to come out. We did a little of everything. A little shopping, a little playing, a little working, and a little.. actually, a lot of eating! We also did a couple rounds of American Favorite (our take of American Idol), and we did some "good bits" around the dinner table.  If you want to see a little video, you can check it out here.  It's not so much about the bit, but the delivery. Thank you so much for coming out and loving on my kids the way you did. The kids and I felt so loved. We love you and miss you already.
(look at Ada's hair- major red head these days)

We tackled Saks Fifth Ave with all the kids- we were crazy.  Anyway, we look over and see Will doing the above.  Thanks Stacie for capturing (and in turn, encouraging), this behavior.  It is a pretty classic picture though.

We are kind of blurry (I've found this to often be the case when you ask someone to take your picture), but you get the idea, we had drinks, played cards, had a heck of time....
Sister Jodi who is prego with #2 and looking ever so beautiful.
Stacie took Lucy out for a doughnut date and let her pick out any doughnut she wanted, of course she picked out the one that was bigger than her head.
Our final night we went out to a Greek tapas bar (not to be confused with a greek topless bar.  I only say that because every time someone says that went to a tapas bar I always have to rewind and replay what they said in my head again-wow, I'm real distracted now).  Anyways, we waited a ridiculous 2 hours, which I will not go into, to get into this restaurant.  It was really good food and above is our flaming birthday baklava.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The carrot sticks I'm eating right now pale in comparison to Lucy's doughnut. I don't even know where I can get a good doughnut around here, actually. hmmm. Maybe when we move far far away, my mom and sister will come to visit and we can have a doughnut date too!

Oh, and I really like Will's special moment with that maniquinn. How funny!

Peter Rowan said...

You absolutly must make sure that you keep that picture of will in the safest place possible. It will be fodder for a roasting at his wedding one day. Billiant. Simply brilliant.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Will is hilarious!