Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here we go!

Nate had three trips in January. He went to Seattle so that he could be officially called to church plant in Bellingham, to Alabama for fundraising, and then just last week to Florida for a church planting seminar. When he proposed the third trip I just didn't know about staying home with the kids for 5 days. We brainstormed and I called my friend Sarah, who's always up for an adventure. We hopped in the car in some pretty questionable weather and drove to Chicago.  We stayed downtown for 2 nights and crammed as much as we could into our brief time there.  Oh yes, and we completed the trip with a stop at IKEA of course. It was great to have to good girl time with shopping, eating, and chatting over some lattes.
We went up to the John Hancock building for some drinks and appetizers.  The view was amazing with the snow.


I left Lucy and Will behind with friends and just brought Ada along.  I don't think I saw any other infants on the street during our whole time there.  I also think some people might have thought I was a total neglectful mother.  I must assure those concerned that she was all bundled up and quite cozy.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So glad you girls got to do that!