Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh Yes- he really did it!

IMG_2438

HUGE congratulations are due to my great hubby who is DONE with school.  Can I repeat that again?  DONE with school!  And, not only that, he finished 1 day and 3 hours earlier than expected.  I might also point out that this completes his 10th year of college- quite a surprise from a high school drop-out.  I'm proud of him.  As a celebratory dinner I cooked up some steaks with other yummines.  For dessert we had this great blood orange sorbet (from Whole Foods, so good), with raspberries, whipping cream, and diced Kiwis.  Lots of events coming up to celebrate.  He worked so hard without working too hard- good job babe, you really did it!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yay Nate!

Colleen said...

wOOt! Congrats to Nate. I read this right after I read someone else's blog post about graduating from nursing school. (Heather of Heather & Kevin, who used to go to the Chapel ~ can't remember if you ever met.) I must confess I'm a bit envious on both counts. To be able to devote oneself to a pursuit and experience the joy of accomplishment after working so hard...It's been a while!

On another note, blood orange sorbet sounds absolutely delish. I'd need at least a few squares of chocolate on the side, though. No dessert is complete without chocolate. I'm pretty sure that's Scriptural. ;-)

Jen said...

Hooray Nate!!!!
I'm so happy for your little family! I can only dream of the day I can write post similar to this one! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!
I see my future in you guys! One day my sweetie will be finished with school too... at least 5 more years to go!

Kathy Day said...

Congratulations to Nate!!

Looking forward to having you guys back on this side of the country. :)