Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Star

Lot of changes about to happen.  Lucy has one day left of preschool and I haven't yet spent too much time there because Will is usually napping while she's at school.  Well, now that Nate's home I had a little more freedom and was able to go watch her at school.  Today she was the "star" and she got to celebrate her birthday because she has a summer birthday.  I really loved watching her lead the class and loved how after she did something she would look at me and give me a little smile to make sure I saw.  
IMG_2455

When it's Lucy's turn to be the "star" she gets to do the calendar, help lead songs, and gets to bring the mystery bag.  The night before school she picks out 3 items to put in the mystery bag and then describes them to the class and they have to guess what she's describing.
IMG_2461

IMG_2462
Mrs. Marshall was a great teacher.  Lucy really loves her and the other teacher Mrs. Cross.  There are few greater gifts than someone pouring themself into your child.

IMG_2465

IMG_2470
"My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY..."

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Too cute! These are those kind of sweet, photo-worthy moments we homeschooling mothers never get. Actually, I wouldn't mind going to pre-school myself these days. Sounds a lot better than dealing with adolescents. Ahem.

Leslie Poole said...

Great pics! Lauren Mau learned that song too and sang it for us at church. I loved it!

Lisa said...

Hooray for teachers!!!