I just went to the doc today and everything looks great. I asked the doctor, "what percentage of twin pregnancies do you think end in bed rest?" He thought for a second and said, "by week 34- 100%." I was shocked by this answer (though if I'm honest, bed rest right now, doesn't sound all the awful, I could actually read the pile of books sitting next to my bed and not just look at them for a few seconds before conking out). I also don't know if I mentioned that we confirmed that we are having 1 boy and 1 girl. I'm excited for Ada to have a sister her age and for Will to have another man in the family. I do this thing now, when I'm out. I count the amount of kids people have. I look at a family and count. It's become automatic. It is a rare thing to count more than 3 kids. However, I was at the beach with Nate one morning and I started counting and this mom had 10 kids with her! Not only that, she was hiking down to the ocean with kids on the back and front, kids in a double stroller and some lingering around. I knew we had to talk. So, when there was a somewhat calm moment we started talking. I asked her how she does it and she said, oh well, only 7 of them are mine." I see, well if only 7 are yours that's a piece of cake. I never really got an answer from her, but looked at her and thought that if she can go on a hike with 10 kids, I can do this. The Lord has already started providing in many ways and I am excited to see how he pulls this one together for us. Don't get me wrong, we're nervous. Some days like today where we were cleaning up pee from the floor, spills on the tables (3 times), black beans from the floor and still have yet been able to do a single dish in the kitchen, the task set before us seems utterly daunting. We just look at each other and say, "so how's this going to work out again?" But we do always know that the Lord will shape us in huge ways through this, has a plan greater than ours, and loves to be strong for the weak. He also makes it clear that children are blessings, so we know he's got it covered.
I have more updates on the way. I haven't been able to catch up with what's going on with the church plant (Christ Church Bellingham), but one of the next posts will cover some of what the Lord has been doing through the church already. Thanks for your prayers, I'm always so encouraged when people tell me they're fervently praying for our family- we appreciate it a ton. Until later- ciao!

6 comments:
We are praying fervently for you Shannon!!!
Seriously - keep up the awesome work. You guys do such an amazing job and we are excited to see what God has for you and the church!
p.s. happy birthday to Nate, right??
We're praying too! We saw Nate's dad at church week before last, which was very fun. Blessings!
Shannon- Congratulations again! How fun to have one boy and one girl for your other children. You seem like you're doing great so far. Though it was my first pregnancy, I was not put on bed rest and I delivered at 38 weeks. I'm sure you'll do great. I know the first two trimesters are big indications. I'll be praying for you and your family as the new babes arrive. I also have a twin nursing pillow I don't use anymore if you want it! :)
Love, Grace
Mora said 100% of women pregnant with twins are on bed rest by week 34? Interesting. I definitely know a couple of women for whom that wasn't true. I wonder if that was the case for Karen Steensma? Any-hoo, I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We're all different. I can't believe, for example, that Danyale and Hosänna are in the midst of their fourth pregnancies. I swear they both look as big as I did when I was four weeks pregnant.
Thinking of you...wishing we saw more of one another!
We are prying for your family!!!!seriously you were doing amazing job....thanks for sharing with us..
--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments
Post a Comment