Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's get serious now

We tried the guitar thing before, and my friend Colleen was right when she pointed out that strings last about 2 minutes. The guitars we bought the kids from our trip to Mexico lasted about a week with strings. We're trying again. A few weeks ago our neighbors that we met started coming to our evening meetings at our house. They met the kids and saw that Nate knew how to play guitar. They found this little guitar and fixed it up for Lucy- very, very thoughtful. Nate's been working with her and teaching her a song. I hope she (and we) stick with it.
IMG_4420

IMG_4385

IMG_4393

8 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

children are really quick to learn knew things. sure she'll do well. the photographs and great. love the light.

Lindsey said...

she is such a rock star!!

janet said...

so sweet! I love these pictures! Hope you guys are doing well!

Jen said...

Love these pictures! I especially love how Lucy is looking at Nate! Adorable!

Sarah said...

These are such cute pictures! I was about Lucy's age when I started learning piano and I still love to play even though I no longer take lessons or do any sort of performing at this stage of my life. It is definitely easier to learn new things like music or crafts when you are young... and it feels nice when you are older to having something you are skilled at and take pleasure in! Good luck!

Colleen said...

Fun! She's movin' up in the world! I really do hope she takes a shine to it and keeps on keeping on. I was so happy when Jan started teaching himself guitar with an old acoustic that my nephew cast aside. He (Jan, not my nephew) does play piano, but guitar is just so convenient and friendly, kwim? But he hasn't been playing it any more. Not sure why except that teen life gets busy.

Unknown said...

How wonderful! It pays off: we just had Family Band tonight -- we're almost to a pretty good version of Amazing Grace. :-) Everyone plays something--even Zarli plays the tapper sticks.

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!!hope you guys doing well...
--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments