Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Grandma-shee at 28 weeks
I used to go to my friend Ashley's house many many times for many many swims at her pool. After each swim I would say, "my hands feel all grandma-shee. My fingers were all wrinkly (oooh I hate that feeling). That said, I'm feeling quite grandma-shee these days. To start, I have 3 gray hairs. I can't believe it- 28 and gray. I also think I'll need to purchase some support hose here soon for my beautiful looking legs. Going up stairs, bending over, standing up from a chair and the like are dreaded tasks these days. Whenever I hang out with Granny I feel I can relate on a new level. Speaking of Granny, she donated 2 of her picker-upper thingy's (as pictured above) and I love them- but I think they too age me. Many of my picking up tasks have been simplified with this little gadget, it's a great thing. At this point I feel like I've been pregnant for what seems like forever. I had Ada, fully recovered from the c-section 6 weeks later, and then got pregnant 6 weeks later. I forget what it's like to run, jump, play sports, enjoy a couple glasses of wine- very foreign things to me. I'm ok with them being foreign though, knowing I won't be pregnant forever. In fact, right now I'm staying more focused on trying to stay pregnant for as long as possible. I guess this lead me into another update...
So, the last couple days I have been pooped, just tired. I went to the doctor feeling like I had pushed myself maybe a little too much and didn't have a great feeling. I had a late night before at a ping-pong tournament that the church put on (documented by Kristen at the link). The nurse started taking my blood pressure and said, "that's way too high", why's it way up there? go down". She then had me rest for 10 minutes and took it again, it went down a little, but not that much. She also checked my heart rate and it was a bit high. Because of these concerns they did an ultra-sound and the babies look great- no problems there. So, they put me on bedrest for 24-48 hours until my next appointment to see if there are any changes. I'm not too psyched out by this because I don't officially have anything to be psyched out about, but you can just pray that the numbers are better at my next appointment. I know that as far as the babies go, the next month of development is really important. The good news of all this is that my mom and dad are coming up tomorrow and Friday, it will be good to have them around. I'll post another update after my appointment on Friday, thanks for checking in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That grabby thing is fantastic! I totally wish I had one! I would pick up EVERYTHING! Have you dropped anything down the sink just to see if the grabber can recover it?!
Praying for you Shannon!!
Post a Comment