Yesterday I walked to the Library with the kiddos and Lucy got to pick out some books. During Will's first nap Lucy and I read for nearly an hour. I kind of forgot about the Library- she loved having some fresh books, she calls them her "cool books".
The true test of a pair of shoes- will my feet survive in them while chasing around two munchkins? Just got this pair of shoes and am putting them to the true test today. I'm quite the diva in my sweats and high heals. So far, I have to say the test is desperately failing- feet throbbing- yuck, cute though.
There's my laundry staring me in the face. Let the truth be told, it is still staring me in the face as I am writing this, along with the other laundry that still needs to be put away. Laundry is one of those battles I don't think I'm ever going to win. Awaiting the day that my children can do there own laundry...
Went down to the car with Lu to clean out the car of Graham cracker crums, socks, coffee tumblers, sippy cups and the like. While down there Lucy decided to collect rocks and very intentionally place them in specific order on our car. I sat and watched her precision and then was greeted by auntie KK who played duck duck goose with Lucy (quite entertaining to see duck duck goose played with two people, especially with one is a two year
Because the garage area is safe and enclosed we played there for a while, some chasing, some talking, and then ultimately the destruction of Lucy's rock garden. We then headed inside. Shortly thereafter sir William awoke (11 am). We played a bit and then mommy and the kids had some quite time. I've had a hard time making time for reading and praying during the day with the kids. My wonderful hubby suggested setting aside two times (at 11:30 ish and 5:30ish) for the kids to have quiet time in there crib and mom can have some time with the Lord. I implemented that today and it was great. Aside from the interruption of a stinky diaper, they played, chatted, and read in their cribs. I really want to try to keep this up.
Lunch time. Today, Lucy had grapes, chicken, salad and goldfish. Will had spaghetti and a lot of green beans.
During Nap:
Drank coffee
worked on blog
cleaned
payed bills
went through mail
cringed at the cry from crib #1
let out a sigh after it was silent was again
refrained from yelling at the dog that seemed to be waking Lucy
Lucy and Will playing in the kitchen together in the diapers. My children have been spending more time in their diapers lately with the nice warm weather. Nothing delights me more than to see my two little ones playing together and enjoying each other.
Rub a dub dub two kids in a tub! Usually a nice break for mom. Most of the bath was fun for the kids, until Lucy decided to crawl into Will's mini-tub. This was a little too close for comfort for Will and he made his opinion known. "I will have no big sister pushing me around!"
First Will tries to escape with my keys, then Lucy comes to his aid. No jail breaks this time, though it did keep them occupied for quite sometime. I think they might be getting bored with me and hoping daddy might be on the other side.
After daddy came home, in avoidance of making dinner, I suggested going to Ozzie's. Ozzie's has a free Fajita buffet on Thursdays and it hit the spot. Lucy's treat at the end is "playing" the car video game-
So, there's a day, a typical one- I don't know about that, but a day none the less. It was a good day, one of those days that the Lord just uses to refresh and encourage you. Though days are often long and consuming, I have to say these kids are beyond worth it.

2 comments:
Loved reading about your day Shannon. Not quite, but almost as good as being there. You are a lady with her hands full, but you do it so well. That you have time to read to your babies, try new recipes, and have time for yourself is impressive.
Love, Maz
P.S. I'm jealous of Carol and Gerard being there next week. Take lots of pictures.
Shannon...
I want to be a mom so bad! I loved reading this post because I often wonder the same thing. What does a mom do all day? Could I do it? Thanks for sharing! I loved reading it! :)
Blessings!
Post a Comment