Friday, December 26, 2008

Cake walk

So, I've been a little distant from the computer these days.  For one, I have to say, being a mom of three isn't quite a cake walk.  I would maybe call it a cake run, or maybe even a cake sprint.  It has all the sweetness of a cake, but more of a sprint speed.  For two, our computer is downstairs and it is cold downstairs.   Today it's supposed to be in the 60's and Nate has helped to make the pace more of a walk today, so I'll take a few minutes and catch up on the cake (sweetness) of the last few weeks.  

We had our first Christmas away from home this year.  The details are below, but it was happy and sad.  We love our family and missed them.  It was fun to start up some of our own traditions.  Nate has all of January off and I am so thankful, God is good at planning.  To have Nate off for a month and a half after having Ada has been such a tremendous blessing.  Speaking of Ada, she is great, beautiful, a doll.  We love her much and she has fit in quite nicely into our family, I must say.  A pretty good sleeper she is and growing like a weed (I prefer growing like a flower).  She's had pink eye, been surrounded by throw up, coughs and boogers- a nice welcome to the world.  Anyway, I'm going to stop typing now because it's starting to sound more like a sprint upstairs and my toes are getting a little cold.  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I bet you are so busy... I imagine it would be hard to be away from home for Christmas, especially when you have a new little one you want to share!
What a blessing to have Nate off and home with you for the time being! I am glad for you!
I hope the rest of your holiday time is wonderful, more restful, and richly blessed!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful update. All the pictures are great and just know how much we appreciate the freezing moments you endure to bring us this joy.
xo to everyone. Maz