Friday, December 5, 2008

Ada Update


So, I've been trying to be good and follow doctor's orders. One of those orders is to avoid stairs as much as possible, and well, my computer is downstairs so I have been a bit distant from computer world. I really haven't been taking all the many pictures, but snapped a few tonight, so I thought I would post some fresh ones for family (and friends too of course). Thanks to all of your kind wishes to sweet Ada, she is amazing.
A little update: I'm doing well. Sneezing is probably one of the most painful things I have to deal with these days (can I get an "amen" from anyone who's had a c-section?). I feel like I'm on the verge of feeling independent, well, not really, but my body has made big strides in week 2. For the most part Ada is a happy baby and sleeps really well at night. The kids love her. There is a special bond between she and Lucy that I see in these early days. Lu always wants to hold her and check on her. Will has had a little more difficulty with the transition I would say, he loves Ada too though. Bringing a new baby into the world right before Christmas has been wonderful. We now have our tree up, Christmas music almost always on, eggnog in the fridge, and much talk over the anticipation of Christmas. The kids favorite thing to do is sit by the tree and sing Christmas songs- they could really do this for hours on end. My mom got me this Christmas songbook a couple years ago and I didn't know what a hit it would be with the kiddos- good one mom! There's a quick update, hope you all are having a blessed Christmas season!

7 comments:

Sandy Williams said...

You definitely get an Amen from me about the sneezing. I've had 2 c-sections and I can still remember that pain. I also remember that laughing was very painful so I tried to avoid anything funny. Then your dear sister Stacie sent me this deranged calendar of old wrinkled naked women with their pets. Oh the pain it caused me! Avoid Stacie while you're healing!

Carve My Fitness said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Ada is very cute, we can't wait to meet her. Make sure you give us a call next time you are in town.
Love K & T

Kat said...

Great to see you this morning. Glad you're getting settled back into "normal" family life.

Kaitlyn said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Colleen said...

Speaking as your friend who has had not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE c-sections, I can wholeheartedly say..."AMEN!" on the sneezing. On a more pleasant note, though, I can also nod in agreement about the particular joy of having a new little person in your home during the Advent season, as Per was born December 18.

Btw, I did post before and tell you I want that baby. So-o-o-o, you know I want that baby, right? Either FedEx or UPS work fine for me. Just send her on up.

xoxo

Tracy said...

Shan~ I pray you are feeling better soon. Ada is so adorable...I am getting baby fever but no babies in Peru:) Are you guys coming to Washington during Christmas? We would love to try to come see you if you are...bless you and your precious fam!

lisa said...

hi shannon! i've been thinking about you and wondering how your family is doing. this was a great way to catch up so thanks! i love the way you write. and the pictures of your family are really beautiful.