Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sisters

Before Ada came, I wondered.  I wondered over her personality, her health, her looks, and I really wondered over if she would be a little boy or little girl.  I would start imagining life with a little boy.  I would think about Will having a brother to play with, the joy I've found in having a son, the different dynamics that sons offer.  And then I'd start to think about having a daughter.  I would naturally start thinking about my sisters and what a joy it has been to have sisters to talk with, shop with, hang out with....  Because those feelings are so near to me, I get really excited when thinking about Lucy and Ada having each other.  Yes, they both have Will too, but it's a different kind of relationship.  Lucy already cares for her so.  One time Ada was crying, I put her in Lucy's lap, and she stopped crying- Lucy was thrilled and her "Ada interest" increased tenfold.  

I have to say, Will has been quite sweet toward Ada and is kind of coming out of the "there's a new baby in my house permanently" funk he was in.  I asked him the other day, "do you love Ada?", he said "yay!"  Then I said, "are you going to protect Ada?"  He said, "yay, no boys kiss Ada" and then added, "no boys kiss Lucy".  I think dad's been putting some plugs in Will's ear.  I do love the idea of Will looking out for his sisters though- I know he will.  Seeing these three together is a delight.

4 comments:

Cory Ferens said...

Sounds like things are going well and your adjustment to three is happening! There is something about adding #3 that is sweet, at least at my house. The two older ones are a mess over their sister, cherishing and loving her almost like I do. I am glad you are experiencing that too! Can't wait to see you guys again when you move back this summer.

Lori said...

How awesome! I am laughing very hard at what Will said! Too cute!

Tracy said...

What a sweet picture and what sweet girls! And--they are very lucky to have such a great brother too:) That is too cute!

Rory and Jen said...

Ada is so beautiful! And I agree there is nothing like a sister. I love mine and I hope Rosemary and CJ are BFF too.