So, I'm in a state of shock right now, but I thought that might be the best time to announce the news. I just got back from the doc and cannot believe this. I was surprised when I found out I was pregnant with #4, but I am utterly shocked over this news. I mean I would joke about it, but the possibility of having twins really was not on my radar. At all. So this is how it went down...
My usual doc was gone because she just had a baby, so I had a new doc, who I really liked. He actually knows how to do ultra-sounds (unlike my previous doc), so he said we were going to do one. If I had known, I would have had Nate come, but, oh well. He started the ultra sound and got this really goofy look on his face. He was a funny doc though, so I just took it as "normal". He looked at me and said, "what do you see?" I looked at it and in the far back of my mind thought I saw 2, but I wouldn't let that thought come to the front of my mind- I don't even know if it was a conscious thought . Actually, I just thought he could tell what the sex was and wanted me to see it too (twins! really not what I was thinking about). A little clueless about how to respond, I just said, "I see a baby." Then, he said, "well, I see two babies". I don't know if I've ever been so shocked in my life- I mean it. I started crying. I think they were mostly happy tears though, with maybe a few "oh my goodness!" tears mixed in. I asked the nurse to grab the phone and I called Nate like 7 times. It ends up that his shorts were too baggy and he couldn't feel the phone vibrating-arg. So, I went to the playground he was at with the kids and showed him the ultra sound of the 2 babies. "What does it mean?" I looked at him and told him the news. He said, "No Way!", handed me Ada (maybe in fear of dropping her), and kind of zoned out. My response to the news has been a lot of laughing, and Nate's been zoning out. Wow.
All that said, we are excited. Children are a blessing. I am so excited to have a big family. It's great to think of them when they're older and will have each other. Twins, not many get to experience it, and I do. Am I overwhelmed?- yes, I won't lie. Will God give me more than I can handle? No. He says he won't and I believe it. All that said, we covet your prayers in this time of major transition- and you can thank God too for these little miracles on the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


27 comments:
Shan!!!!
HOLY CRAP! Congrats! You'll be a great momma of five!!! :)
Thinking about you and love ya lots!
~J
Shannon, I just read your post yesterday about #4 and was overwhelmed for you with #3 and #4 being so close, now I am just blown away. Welcome to the big family group and all I can say is what a blessing! I am excited to catch up to you when you move back and let all the kids play. You are definitely in my prayers.
Oh MAN!!! Honestly, I am just laughing too! Not like, laughing ha-ha.. but like, Oh. My. Word. Crazy! I know we barely know you guys but count on me for help with meals... at least two. You know, with twins and all. ;-)
p.s. (from my email)....I think you need to update your blog address. Hehehehehe.....
So, I swear I'm not a scary stalker, but when I see the updates on the Anderson's site I can't help but check.
SHOCKING! WOW! My hubby and I also joke about twins so when the Dr. found a second sac (empty, but still there) we realized that it could have been twins. And for you it IS TWINS! WOW! CONGRATS! And, yes, God will not give you more than you can handle. Do you know if they are fraternal or identical? (2 sacs or 1)
I'm hooked on your blog with all this exciting news, I'll definitely be checking in along your journey. ---that is, IF you have time to post.
Shannon! Wow!! I think my eyebrows are frozen in a permanent raise! HOKIE DINAH! Congrats my friend! I have no doubt you are the woman for the job. I'm excited for you and will certainly be praying for you! BIG HUGS!
WOW! We are so excited for you guys!! You guys are such amazing parents already and now to have two more! We are just sad you won't be in STL for us to see them! Congrats!
that picture is completely hilarious and totally freaky. love you.
Still have sort of this perma-grin on my face from the second you called. It's kind of this "oh my - seriously?" kind of grin. The kind that has so many emotions wrapped up inside that you really can't put a single word on it. Some of the words that come to mind - shock, hilarious, what the ..., wow, how, miracle, miracles. Love you sis. Can't wait to walk through this journey with you and be part of your village.
I love it!!! God does work in mysterious ways!! Congrats, congrats and hang in there w/ the shock factor! Sooooo exciting and definitely a huge blessing. :)
Shan! WOW! I love it! Coming from a family of 5 siblings it is so great! Your a great mom and they are lucky kids to have you! So you take it easy and let everyone else do the hard work of the move and everything else you have going on! We are thinking and praying for you!Congrats Much Love!
WHAT!!! I made sure I sat down and read what you wrote word for word. Congratulations!!
I also have to add that I agree with Sarah on the pic! Pretty funny!!
Shannon & Nate,
The timing is God's. 2 more is His plan for you. We are surprised with everyone else,but know that you will welcome these 2 new little ones into your family with ease,and so much love.
We are praying for identical twin boys for will.:)
Love , Chris & Marilyn B.
Wow, girl! I cannot believe it!!! I love the story of how it went down! (Poor Nate...I think Corey would respond the same way!) :) It's going to be awesome! How fun to have a big family! Congratulations!
HOLY MOLY! haha... crazy. Schub read the post before me and I totally did not believe him so I had to read it for myself. And the picture cracks me up. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Wow! That's all I can say...wow! What a shock! But an awesome one!
I just told Doug, "You are never going to believe this!" :)
I agree with what some of the girls said about the picture! :)
Yep, that was a shocker! Oh Shan, God has amazing plans for the Walker clan! I completely understand your state of being overwhelmed, but you really are the women for the job, and this is all part of God's wonderful plan! Oh how I love what God is up to. ;)
I can't wait to meet them!!!!
Praise GOD...Of course He won't give you more than you can handle...
Congratulations! What a shocking, but wonderful, bend in your road! I can. not. even. imagine. I've joked with my hubby about being pregnant (not in the plans) with twins when I'm feeling off-kilter. I have no idea how I would immediately respond to actually *being* pregnant with twins, though I know they would (and will be, for you) an undeniably, amazing blessing in our lives. Again, congratulations! (And what a hilarious photo! :))
New here, and so glad I came!! A BIG congrats to you is obviously in order!! Wow!! i always wanted twins...How wonderful!
Congratulations to all of you and WOW! In just the short time we got to spend with your family at Amelia Island, it was obvious that you are great parents! Plus, you have great kids. So, this is truly a blessing from God! We are so excited for all of you. We will be praying for you and the health of those little ones.
Hurray for more Walkers...many more!!!
Hurray for more Walkers...many more!!!
WHAT!!! AMAZING!
So so so exciting! My mouth totally dropped when I clicked over to your blog!
Wow. My sweet husband zones out when we talk about kids, I can't imagine how far gone he'd be if I told him we were having twins!
This is incredible Shannon! We are so excited for this special treat God has given you. Wish we could be near you when they arrive. Thankful for blogs so we can see from a distance. Laughing A LOT at the picture. I agree with Sarah - a little freaky, but funny.
HOLY MAMA & PAPA!!! Are you two trying to be the next Jon & Kate +8???!!!! That's amazing! Are you sure???! Wow, that's super exciting! (& scary!!) I'm just getting the news Shanny, sorry for my delayed response. I was out of the country when you contacted me. Very excited for you guys! Call you soon to tell you how much I love you!!!
Post a Comment