(I didn't take any picture of Jodi and Jer doing projects, my bad, but I did manage to snap a few pics of my sweet niece Kenzi and thought I'd at least share those)
(I also like this pic of my other sweet niece Abby)
My sister, Jodi, and her family came up for the weekend to help out. I had several projects that I wanted to get done before the twins came, so we kind of ignored the overall state of the house and tried to get some projects done (by "we", I mean I watched). Jeremy created a mud room type area (amongst other things) for us by the back door. I was picturing hanging a few hooks, but he took it to another level by installing a light, making a built in organization system
and hanging hooks. Jodi started some curtains, painted an accent wall, and painted the hallway. She also entertained 5 children under the age of five and kept them fed and such. I'm very impressed with how much got done considering all the factors. My mom also treated Nate and I to a night at a hotel while by sister and husband watched our kids. We really needed it and it was wonderful to get a night away. Thank you! I might add that today I sat and watched 3 dear friends recover the house from the weekend of projects. They were machines and thoroughly cleaned the house for us. Another, big thank you!
I remember when we first got pregnant people kept saying that the Lord's going to provide help and what we need. One major reason that I'm writing about all the help we've received is because it is evidence of the Lord's faithfulness and the truth that he won't give us more than we can handle. I want to be able to look back remember how the Lord saw us through this time. Day by day the Lord is giving us what we need and we are abundantly thankful and we can go forward with boldness knowing that Lord will provide.
3 comments:
I am so glad to hear all the ways the Lord is providing for you. It is so encouraging and humbling to see Him use others to help! I am usually the one doing the helping so it's different to be on the receiving end! That is so great that you got a night away and your family and friends have been so supportive! What a blessing community is!
Love these! I'd trade projects for pictures like these anytime! What a gift to us and what a talent you have!
I can't get over how much Abby looks like Lucy. They definitely look like cousins to me. Gorgeous pics. Got your message. Love you.
Post a Comment