So, I am a project person. I love using things I already have to make something new. Especially being in a new house I keep coming up with projects. The only thing, is, I'm not supposed to do projects- this is not easy for me. I usually get an idea and compulsively work on it until it's done. I also typically get an idea in my head and want to do it, "right now!" The Lord is building me in patience as well as graciously surrounding me with people who will help me with my projects. Well, before I was put on bed rest I had it in my head that I wanted stripes somewhere. I scouted the house and thought the perfect wall would be the one between Lucy and Will's room. I used the colors from the LR and DR for the stripes so I didn't have to buy new paint, spray painted frames I already had red, and got the yellow dresser as a hand me down. After the twins are born Ada will be moving upstairs with Lucy so I made a little changing area up there. Anyways, I thought I'd post a picture. It's not the best picture, the colors aren't that great and with my 50 mm I had issues, but you get the idea. More projects to come, my friend Nicole worked on one today and her grandma is actually making some curtains for me- so nice, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I like the stripes! I have some in my house too :) How wide did you do them??
I love it! I had to get a little sketch book to keep track of all my projects so I wouldn't forget the really good ones I didn't have time to do right at that moment. Three years later, I still take it everywhere with me and know in my heart of hearts I'll never never never find all the time to do everything I've come up with!!... but it has also proved to be a great source of inspiration when I look back at it too. If you can't get up and do them, at least you can sketch them out or write them all down!
Post a Comment