Monday, October 26, 2009

IMG_5265
This was my Walmart fabric inspired project.  While I was scooting around Walmart I found these for a whopping $1.50 a yard.  I also had several left over canvases from various art projects, so I stapled the fabric on and viola! Art!
IMG_5260

IMG_5271
(Bad picture alert)
Ever since Nate started saying the pledge of allegiance to this one I can't get it out of my mind that it is a flag.  So ... thoughts?  I'm kind of on the fence on it.  I could leave it be, take it down altogether, or maybe add something, like a twins initial.  Won't be offended, let me know what you think....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It totally looks like a flag. I would rotate it to the right so the red stripes almost look like flower stems.

Anonymous said...

OK, that comment sounded mean, but I didn't mean it critically. I love your style and you have an amazing eye for decorating. You can pull things together from what you have and that is a talent! :)

Shannon said...

no worries, didn't sound mean. I actually made it initially to go up and down, but the wall it's on seemed too big to have it go that way. Maybe I could go with the original plan and and a couple other pieces to fill the wall....

Anne Marie said...

Yes, unfortunately, it is very flag-like. Instead of rotating the whole canvas, could you just reattach the striped piece so that it runs north-to-south (read: up and down)?? I think changing the direction of the stripes in conjunction with another small change would help. I like the initials idea. Or perhaps a big fat W for Walker! Ooh! OR you could change the stripes and then move the cute flowers to the stripey side and put them in a clump of three in the upper third of the canvas. Yeah, I like it! Hahah...I don't know - I'm just brainstorming here. And everybody loves feedback, right?

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with a flag? Perhaps the location is the aspect to consider.

Barbie said...

Love, love your decorating style! I'm not nearly as creative as you. I like the "flag" picture, but I probably would have to change it too if my hubby was pledging his allegence to it :)Maybe add some of the polka dot fabric in the botton 1/4 of the striped side with like green or pink ricrac on top? Just an idea. OR you could make it a blog giveaway. I'm sure lots of bloggers out there would love to have it. (Like you would be able to get to the post office to ship it off) Hmmm...

Michael and Mandy said...

I think Nate is funny.

Unknown said...

Hey, I like the flag! I think you just need a new pledge:

I pledge allegiance to this flag
of the United State of our Home
And to the twins who will sleep under it,
Two siblings under God, inseperable, with binkies and sharing for all.

Amen.

Stacie296 said...

Why don't you just put it up for Veteran's Day and the 4th of July?