Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Why not?
Why not just tack on a little ER trip? Poor Ada. She was walking and slipped and boom, lip open. We got a call from Edie about an hour before we were planning on leaving the hospital that they thought Ada needed stiches. I was actually quite relieved that it was just stitches after watching Nate's face while he was talking to his mom. Poor Ada. Nate ended up going to get Ada and spent the next 5 hours with her trying to get her in with the plastic surgeon. Nate was with her during the surgery and almost fainted. It was harder for him to watch Ada get stitched up than it was to watch me get cut open- a loving father (a loving husband too, but for some reason the sheet they put between my face and where the cutting is happening actually makes him think it is not me they're cutting into.) Anyways, Ada is doing well and doesn't seem phased. We are all at home now which is nice. At first it was a bit overwhelming because Lucy was catching me up on all that I missed while Will was doing so in the other ear, and then there were the twins and Ada... but this was a good overwhelming, filled with a lot of joy and excitement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh No! Fin had 6 stitches (right between her eyebrows right) after her 1st birthday too. It healed really well.
So sad!!! I am glad you are all home and I hope things settle down a little. And by settle down I mean no more hospital visits for anyone.
just got a flashback to nate and I donating blood in moscow, and him fainting.....and then you rushing to be by his side. ;) You guys have been through a lot over the years!
Did Nate tell you I saw him in the ER on his way out on my way into work? I thought it was a pretty ridiculous sequence of events for you guys! But she will heal wonderfully. Thinking of you guys.
What a busy world of beautiful children! The twins are amazing! And so BIG! Thank you for posting all of the amazing pictures. Even little Miss Ada is a darling with her poor little lip!
Post a Comment