Sunday, March 28, 2010
Got me a good man!
So, the other night over dinner, Nate and I were talking. I was telling him how I have been so blessed by folks helping out- I actually leave the house more than I thought I would. Nate and I have been on several dates in the last couple months and I often leave the house to run errands alone, or with just a kid or two. What I really long for is an empty house. A quiet house, all to myself, I don't think I've had that for a really long time. So, after dinner, my wonderful husband took all the kids out to the park. Yes. All five. I haven't even tackled that yet- still building up the courage. He left for an hour (which went by way too fast), but was great nonetheless. First, I brushed my teeth (far overdue), next I rearranged some furniture (on my top 10 list of favorite things to do), and finally I took a bath. It's funny how perspective changes. I would have never imagined what a treat it would be to have a quiet house for an hour, or to go to the dentist (I get to sit for an hour!), or to go shopping with only 2 kids! You start to appreciate the simpler pleasures in life. All that said, I had to take a picture of this first monumental outing- quite the parade marching down the street- can't miss 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
that.is.awesome.
That is what I long for too, the house quiet all to myself, I feel you! So glad you got an hour, that is like gold. I think I am going to show this post to Brandon...he is great at helping, I just need to tell him what I need!
WOW!
Awesome!
Post a Comment