Monday, March 22, 2010

Project #1 ... check!

No messing around with this little dude. He has been essential to our back yard projects. It gives me much joy to see Will with his tool belt on, measuring this and that, and "helping" on projects.
IMG_9393 copy
Speaking of projects, Project #1 is complete. Isn't it great?!?! I have had many debates in my head over what to do in the backyard. Our generous Granny gave us some money for some minor backyard renovations. I had thought originally that I wanted to get a big toy type thing. However, 3 things came to me that detoured me away from my original plan. For one, it would take up about half of our yard. For two, I think one the craziest times of my life is going to be when I have 3 toddlers. Thus, I don't want to have to worry about them falling of the big toy when I'm outside- major headache. And thirdly, what if they didn't like it or got board with it? feels quite permanent. Anyway, I landed on the playhouse idea. We found this one at Costco and I love it. It has a little hoop, window for puppet shows, a water/sand station and a little BBQ and sink. I think it's perfect and the kids love it. I'm so excited for our backyard plans, they're a little bit slow 'n comin... but they're a comin' nonetheless.
IMG_9028 copy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shannon - In my opinion you made a great choice and it will be a happy place for all the kids to play! When we were in Seminary we had a row boat that some one was getting rid of and we filled it with sand - (made a plywood top for it of course) and it was the hit of the neighborhood. Lots of kids had swing and climbing sets but we had the fun sand boat!!!!
Sounds as tho things are going well. I still want to make a time and come and see you and the chilllins. So sorry I have not been there yet. Am down there from time to time but just don't know if its a good time for you. Chat with you soon. with love to all, jane

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the playhouse! PERFECT!!! Enjoy :-)
~Tricia

Erin Leigh said...

We saw that one at Costco too... it actually made leaving Costco a little difficult... after a little kicking and screaming we made it out... also, I thought of you yesterday becuase I popped a purple balloon while my daughter was asleep ;-) Kinda creepy... me thinking about you since we've never met... but technically we're blogging buddies, Right?!?