Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Favorites

It seems the favorites change often, however there are some things that stick around, or at least I see high potential for them lasting. As a parent, one of my biggest goals for my children and their "play" is that it will bring them into another world. It might be into a little home, a different country, out on the construction sight, or 30 years down the road. Whatever it may be I try to foster imagination and creative play as much as possible. I have found it takes some work. These are some of our favorites.

Dress up. Grandma, if you are wondering, this is where your glasses are.
We often make little "monsters" and creatures. A fun project, sure I find remnants of play dough around for the next few days, but I think it's worth it.
By far, more than anything, we throw parties. And boy does Lucy know how to throw a party, Will's not too bad either. We clean the "house" get the food ready, and now thanks to family Christmas presents we play with this great wooden food. They are so fun with Velcro used to connect the toppings and candles. We have sung "happy birthday" many times, set the table with flowers and cleaned up endlessly.
This is Will's big Christmas present- a tool bench. The family bought him all kinds of tools and screws to go with it- a great toy. However, he currently he mostly enjoys drilling his head and using the drill as a weapon.

No comments: