We've been "off blog" and under the microscope for the last week. If that doesn't make sense, what I mean is that we have been in Atlanta for Church Planter Assessment. This was a big week for us as 9 assessors were watching our every move and seeing if they felt we were headed in the right direction. We are thankful that we got the thumbs up (more or less) to continue forward with our hopes of church planting. It was an exhausting week and we missed the kids terribly, but we're thankful it's behind us and were actually quite encouraged by our time there. When we were tired we looked back on our first night in Atlanta with David and Brenna. We decided to go out on the town together before assessment began and had a fabulous time.
We landed first at this awesome pub with some great Belgian beer. I had a sip of David's and have been wanting one since.
After we walked to this restaurant called "Cafe Lilly" and it was an amazing meal. I had this Greek lamb with white sweet potatoes- oh my it was good!
Our transportation- the Marta, very smart.
2 comments:
I love lamb! I love sweet potatoes!
Shannon, that is great new that you guys got the thumbs up!!!
Is the assessment through the PCA? So glad to hear things are moving along! I read Nate and Trevor's emails all the time to see how things are going with plans for up there.
Jesse and I just got the green light yesterday from the board of directors for Sacred Road ministries (PCA missionary organization to the Yakima Indian Reservation) to start raising money to go through the MTW assessment in Atlanta to see about joining them... We are pretty excited about that!
Post a Comment