Lu's bike, her 4 buck bike. The bike has been on the blog many a times as it is dear to my dear. Well, sad news about the bike- crash! I was reversing from the driveway and I suddenly hear this crunching noise- no! I jump out of the car and there it is, wheel all bent out of place. I looked at Lucy and said, "sorry hun it's your bike". Her eyes got all watery and she said," Can it be fixed?" Oh, one of those mothering moments. My heart aches for my daughter, but at the same token I remember how just a couple hours before I warned her to keep her bike out of the driveway. How do I respond? I ran over her bike! I had warned her to move it- hmff.. As I looked at her eyes I explained to her the situation and told her we were going to try to fix it but that it might not be able to be fixed. A couple days went by and we just hadn't had a chance to try to fix the bike. Lucy and Will have full faith in daddy and just knew he would be able to fix it. I came home from running errands a couple days ago to a little girl smiling and riding her red bike. I looked at Nate and said, "you fixed it!"- he gave me a funny smile. I said, "you fixed it?" He looks over at our neighbor Bill. Bill heard that Lucy had a broken bike, went down to his basement to get tools and banged that bike back in shape. What a great neighbor! When Will woke up he saw Lucy riding his bike and I said, "look, Bill fixed Lu's bike!" He looked at me and said, "no, dada fixed it". I tried once again to tell him that it was Bill, but Will was convinced it could be no one other than dada. I decided that it wouldn't be the worst thing if Will thought dada fixed it, dropped the subject and just smiled. Dada has got one devout son- no replacing his "fix it" hero. Oh yes, and the bike has not been left in the driveway since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is so awesome that Bill did that!
that is a great story - makes me laugh because I still think my dad can fix anything. :) I'll send you an email here to let you know about the banner!
I'm glad this story had a happy ending : ) I am so excited to have kiddos someday so I can share their life moments!
Post a Comment