Thursday, September 25, 2008
My preschooler
Yes, it's true, Lucy is in school. Lucy has been dreaming of going to schools for as long as she has been dreaming. This little extrovert of mine loves kids and making friends- she loves school! She has been going for a few weeks, but I've just been behind. In fact, we were gone for Lucy's first week of school so I didn't get to take the official "1st day of school" pics. We went to orientation a month or so ago and the teacher said, "the goal is that your child will eventually walk to the door all by him/herself, but it might not happen until the end of the year, and that's fine." So, who do you think makes up her mind that she wants to go in all by herself? Yes, miss little independent. She takes such pride as she walks in. She gives me a wave and hands her teacher whatever paper I've asked her to (quite responsible) and off she goes to sign in and hang up her bag. Yes, I'll admit, after she walks in it hasn't been beyond me to sneak in to make sure she gets to her classroom ok and to peak in at her. I also can admit that it might have been a little nice if there was some hesitation in walking in by herself or being away from me. But really, I'm so excited for her and love hearing her stories about what happens at school, giving her an after school snack, and talking to her about her new friends. A new chapter for Lucy Lu.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I bet Lucy loves preschool...and preschool loves Lucy! I totally relate...Kai is my baby and I can barely get him to give me a kiss before he is off with the other kids when I drop him off *sigh*.
Post a Comment