Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's time to say goodbye

IMG_3057
This beloved bike is officially going to the dumpster- a sad day, I love this bike. The kids had many good times on this bike before that tragic day when it was left behind the car.  It was temporarily fixed by our neighbor, but it was kind of like putting a band aid on a broken bone and hoping it would be fixed.  We've had many adventures on this 4 buck bike and it will be hard to say goodbye- how can it be replaced?  We'll be on the lookout for a (cheap) bike for Lucy. The trick is finding a great classic bike rather than a princess, Dora or Tinker Bell bike (which are quite easy to come by).  So the search starts in hope of a spring filled with many o' bike rides and new bike memories.

3 comments:

Alyssa Reeve said...

How sad... I actually thought of that bike last night. We were in Anthropologie and they had one just like it. I'm sure it was like a trillion dollars or something. :(

Kathy Day said...

So sad.....I did quick search on craigslist for "classic trike" and a ton came up that were so cute - does stl have craigslist??

Anonymous said...

I was totally going to say Craigslist! Sometimes people just give stuff away on there!

I really like that you are doing classic toys with them instead of something like Dora. I know I've said it before, but you are such the kind of mom I want to be one day!