Monday, April 28, 2008

A great sale

I went to this great 500 person garage sale and it was nuts- I mean it, nuts! I got there an hour and a half early and I was probably about 200th in line or so. I waited with my friends Peter and Leslie in the cold and woke up way to early. I think it was worth it though. I ended up getting a dresser, wooden high chair, little brass high chair for Lucy's doll, 2 awesome lamps, the mirror pictured above (not quite as bright as it looks in that pic), and some little accessories for 20ish bucks. After I left I thought, I'm not doing this again next year...but I probably will.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Very fun! Sounds like some good finds!

Anonymous said...

I love things like that!!!! You know how some people rescue lost and abandoned animals? Well that's me... but with furniture! I always have such high hopes for what these special found items can become. Three years later, when it's time to move, I've been banned from bringing home ANYTHING we don't need. Which is pretty much EVERYTHING at thrift stores and rummage sales :(

Lori said...

You totally need to do it again, because I want to come with you! :)
By the way, awesome picture!

Anne Marie said...

I think this is one of your best pics Shannon. Keep 'em comin'!!