Friday, April 4, 2008

A Yummy Dish

I made a yummy salad from this amazing website that my friend told me about. It was so fresh and colorful. A couple regrets though: 1) it was lightening and thundering while I was eating and this salad just screams for sunshine! 2) It also would love to be accompanied by a glass of white wine... and it wasn't. 3) I don't think it's a "main act" pasta, maybe more like a side with some barbecued chicken or it would be great picnic food. 4) If you make it for your family of 4 or 5 definitely half it!
A trick I learned. I gave the kids all the "leftovers" from the veggies with a pitcher of water and they "cooked" while I did. It kept them quite entertained during the cooking process- good thing too, cause I did a lot of chopping!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That looks so yummy! I am a faithful reading of PW - her regular and her food blog inspire me every day... her photos are absolutely gorgeous! While her recipes aren't exactly... low fat, they're such a delicious treat. We particularly love her shrimp: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/spicy_shrimp_yu/ I don't know if it would be too spicy for your little ones, but we definitely eat this on Friday nights often in order to squash the temptation to go out!