Monday, March 31, 2008

Red Curry

As you might know, I'm not much of a recipe gal. However, when my friend Sarah was over I made some red curry and had her write down the portion/ingredients. So, here is a guesstimate. I love this red curry- it's worth the trip to the Asian Market for a couple of the ingredients- trust me.

Approximate Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts cut
3 Red peppers thinly cut
3 cloves garlic
4 cans coconut milk
6 oz. red curry past (I like Maesri brand)
2 t. fish sauce
5 kaffir lime leaves
2 green onion chopped
2 T. fresh cilantro
salt to taste

Put olive oil in pan. Cook chicken and red peppers in Olive oil (if bottom of pan gets a little brown that's great because when you put the coconut milk in all those flavors will come up and add to the sauce yumminess.) Add garlic a couple minutes before chicken is done cooking. Add the coconut milk, curry, fish sauce and stir. Then add the lime leaves, onions, and cilantro. Don't forget to salt- serve over rice and enjoy!

1 comment:

Stacie296 said...

As you know - one of my favorite dishes. A little tip - if you want to get those nice thin strips of chicken in your curry, cut the chicken while it is slightly frozen. It helps a lot! Yum.