Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LIfe with 3

I often get asked, "how's life with 3?"  The answer is that life with three is better and crazier.   Someone told me once that they thought having a second child is like reading a book for the second time, I think this is a really good explanation of the 2nd child, and then with the 3rd it might be like reading a book for the 3rd time (I don't know if I've really done that though, come-on, I have three kids).  You are less caught up in trying to figure it all out and get to enjoy the little subtleties that might have been missed before.  The little noises, squirms, flinches, yawns..... oh, and I love the first smiles.  I feel more and more taken by each baby.   That said, it is crazier.  I feel like I've lost my body in a sense.   Meaning, I'm usually hugging, lifting, holding, wiping, disciplining, kissing  (you get the idea), all day long.  Once I'm finally going to sleep it feels somewhat odd to have my body back again.   We also have been struck by a wave of sickness since Ada .....

And now Ada is crying, so I think I'll just leave this post unfinished, showing you another part of having 3, many half finished jobs.

2 comments:

Stacie296 said...

Ross's sister just found out she's pregnant with her 5th. Imagine what THAT blog is going to look like. Now that I think about it, probably non-existent.

Larson Famdango said...

Shan, when I read this I just thought Amen. I have been post poning the third for exactly the reasons you were talking about! I love all the unfinished projects.... but i know we both love our little ones and all their projects so much more! Love ya and hope all is well.