Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ah Ha

Here is some newly acquired information, thought I'd share. Please feel free to add...

1. Traffic rules are different in MO. In MO you should not yield in the intersection when turning left at a stop light. In WA you do this, in MO if you do this you get hurt. I was complaining to Nate about people's driving here and about how I almost got in an accident because someone ran a red light so I got stuck in the middle of the intersection when yielding left. He then told me that in MO the lights aren't set up for that. This would have been good to know- where were the locals to tell me this information? I've only been nearly causing accidents for a year and a half here now.

2. There are diapers made specifically for night time. Am I totally ridiculous for not knowing this? Really, be honest- did you know this? You know the feeling, the kids wake up early and you notice the leaking diaper. A mom can't help but think, "if they didn't pee so much they would probably still be sleeping." Well, my friend enlightened me and well the kids nearly slept until 8 this morning with no leaks.

3. Multi-grain Mac 'n Cheese. Well, I just found out that Kraft mac 'n cheese comes with multi-grain noodles too and it's really good. Throw some peas in at the end and it a semi-healthy lunch for the kids.

4. Spinach tastes good in brownies. For those moms who have a hard time getting their kids to eat veggies throw some spinach in those brownies, Jerry Seinfeld swears by it.

4. You don't need to listen to kids music that drives you crazy. If you need to refresh your kid's music selection you need to check out Elizabeth Mitchell's kid albums. I just got one from the library and it is great!

8 comments:

Jason E. Cochran said...

I have been ranting and raving about the yielding at green lights since I got to STL. What sparked it was that I could never figure out why drivers from STL didn't move out into the intersection. I tried it once and almost got killed too. It just doesn't make sense; why not give both sides the arrow first? At least that way both sides would get the red light together then we could really yield. I like yielding! - Jason

Kristen said...

Hahaha! I love them all! I totally complained about the lights in MO too. MO's Dept. of Transportation (or whoever handles all things traffic related) needs some serious revamping. They also need cameras on the road that actually record too. So that way you can find proof that your car is in Missouri when someone is saying they were in an accident in WA in your car. Cars can't be in 2 places at once. Remember that fun story? Glad that's over. :) Just think... someday you'll be back in WA with people that drive the same way you do. Ahhhh. Love you!
Love,
KK

sbh said...

I am awesome!

Alyssa Reeve said...

I hate everything about driving in this city! I always wait a few seconds when the light turns green to go because I know one or two cars are probably going to run their red light.

Shannon said...

Alyssa-

Drives me nuts- I've trained myself to do the same..

Lori said...

So I want to know Shannon, have you actually tried the spinach in the brownies recipe? I hate spinach! Well, unless it is in spinach artichoke dip! :)
The driving in St. Louis....wow! No offense to STL drivers, but Doug and I have come to the conclusion that they don't know how to drive! Who knows though, maybe they think we don't know how to drive! LOL! Needless to say, every time we drive here, it turns into a frustrating experience.

Sandy Williams said...

Hi Shannon. We use those overnight diapers on long road trips or airplane rides too...when we don't want to stop and do diaper changes. Works great unless they poop! -Sandy (Stacie's friend. I'm a blog voyeur!)

Kristen said...

Question about the nighttime diapers... do they come in all sizes? I was at Target the other day and they only had it for kids that are 35+ lbs. Maybe we just have a smaller Target and not as many options. Hmmmm.