
Any mom hears the word and there is instant sympathy- no more needs to be said. However, I often have way more to say. Mainly I will say that it is no fun. No fun for the kids. No fun for the parents. The kids woke up this morning grumpy and one child (who I will not name) woke up at 5 this morning, and the other child is currently in her crib rejecting a much needed nap. I hear talk of stomach bugs, boogers and ear infections and I cringe. It's so easy for me to get frustrated and loose sympathy amongst the tantrums and wining. I'm constantly reminding myself to be gracious and pour even more love onto them. All that said, we spent this morning watching movies (as shown above) and the afternoon going for a drive with McDonald milkshakes in hand. Milkshakes make anything better, don't ya think?

5 comments:
It depends what kind of milkshake it is! ;)
Sounds like today has been a long and hard day for you. Sorry friend. May the kiddos sleep longer tonight and may they feel all back to normal soon!
Love,
Lori
Oh, I'm so sorry! We were sick for over two weeks here. I said said to Luke today, "I forgot that parenting can be fun with healthy kids"... Let me know if you need anything. Kipper is a great calm show that my kids love when they are sick.
J
I hate when my kids are sick, it makes things so much harder and I always am praying that I don't get sick. Becuase when all of us are sick it can be pretty pathetic. Hope things take a quick turn around for the healthier soon!
Love,
Anna
I am not looking forward to that. In Kai's short little life of 7 months he has yet to be sick (which suprises me since he is around so many different people all the time). Hope your kiddos get better very soon!
No fun! Give them extra cuddles. It's times like those that I say, "I want a day off," and my friends encouragingly say, "You don't get a day off when you're a mom." Encouraging - huh?
Post a Comment