Tuesday, June 9, 2009

boys, girls, 1 of each?

Well, in fact, we know the answer, or at least we think.  I went to the doc today and was hoping to find out the sexes, but really didn't think it would happen.  This thought was confirmed when I asked the ultra-sound tech and she said things like, "do you think I'm a miracle worker?",  and "these babies are only 2 ounces!".  My hopes of finding out were crushed.  Nate was about to leave when a nurse came in and said, "how are the twins?"  The tech said, "they look great, and I think I know what one of them is."  My jaw dropped.  She looked like she was considering not telling us when finally she said, well, I'm pretty sure baby "B" is a boy!  I was thrilled.  And then she kept looking at baby "A" and said she is pretty sure it is a girl.  1 of each. yay.  I really hope she is right.  A little girlfriend  for Ada and another boy for Will (and Nate honestly, and me too, I must confess).    I'll feel all the more convinced in a month when this is confirmed, but the tech did actually seem quite confident and Nate and I both saw something hanging between the legs.  Now, on to names and nursery colors... (you can pray for Nate and I to agree on a boy name- we have, humhum, different tastes).

6 comments:

Lori said...

How fun Shannon!

lisa said...

so exciting. bryan and i are praying for you guys. when's the big move? :(

Heidi said...

I almost felt a twinge of jealously there for a moment... Boy/girl twins. And names!! I'd have a hundred babies just to name them. :) Luckily my hubby didn't have strong opinions and I got to choose. :) I'd offer you a few from my list, but I'm guessing you have plenty to work with.

Heidi said...

Heh-heh... Well since you *asked*... :) I'll start with the girl names that sadly went unused in our family of boys: Colette (#1 name on the list all three pregnancies, sigh), Wren, Sylvie, Wilder, Rilla, and Annika. Boys names: (I'm partial to Levi, Luke, and Leif (pronounced 'Lafe'), of course), Swift, Helm, Byrne, Sawyer, Orien, and Simeon. At least that's a few to get you started. :) I must say that I love the names you've chosen for your first three children, and whatever names you choose, I'm sure they will be lovely!

Colleen said...

Sigh...My German aunt and uncle were twins and I secretly hoped I'd follow in my grandmother's footsteps.

Hey, btw, did you and Heidi connect via my blog or...? I'm experiencing small world syndrome here! : )

Heidi said...

I did originally follow one of your comments on Colleen's blog over here. Your photography drew me in, and I keep coming back. :) Hope that's okay!