Wednesday, June 17, 2009

update

I haven't blogged for a while- if you know anything about our phase of life right now you might understand why.  I have been packing this morning (8 days til we leave), and my body is telling me to take a break, so I thought I'd post a little something.  

Like I said, 8 days 'til departure- pretty wild.  Our weeks have been pretty filled with fundraising, packing, projects, friends, and St. Louis sites.  I've been a little project obsessed lately and will post some before and afters (oh, I love before and afters!)  So far we've refinished 2 tables, recovered a chair, painted a chest, painted a lamp, and today we're going to paint a dresser.   We're trying to get as many of these projects done before we leave (though it seems crazy), because I know that once we get to Bellingham they just won't happen.  

We also went to the city museum- I CANNOT believe we haven't been there yet- what an AMAZING place.  I will post some pictures from this place that don't nearly capture the awesomeness of this museum.  If I had known how great this place was we would have bought memberships.  We've also had meals with friends, visitors and various outings.  

Finally, my body is adjusting to the 2 people in me.  I can't believe how much I am growing already, seriously!  I'm reading this book about twins and it talks about the importance of nutrition with twins, that often twins come early because they aren't getting enough in the womb.  Calcium alone, I'm supposed to have 8 glasses of milk, 1 serving of cheese, 1 serving of cottage cheese, and 1 milkshake.  I'm also supposed to have 2 servings of red meat and drink like 12 glasses of water.  I won't list all the other food I'm supposed to eat in my 6 meals.  Eating seems like a full time job, and I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting tired of eating all the time.  I think I'm going to gain a bagillion pounds.  My body is doing ok and my energy level is decent.  My biggest complaint is at the end of the day when my back is just done.  So, I follow doctors order and have a milkshake on the couch.  Oh yes, this book also recommends that I take something like 5 hours of rest and naps a day- I don't think I'll be able to follow this tid bit of advice unfortunately. Below is a picture of me at 14 weeks with twins:

14 wks


27 wks with Ada

5 comments:

Kathy Day said...

You look great Shannon!! Nice work getting all those projects done....you're an animal! Hope you get some rest and maybe we'll take a special trip up to Bellingham just to babysit and give you a break! :D

Meaningful Mama said...

You look absolutely adorable with your bump. You look tiny every place else. I wish I had instruction to eat all the time!

Stacie296 said...

You look so cute!! Have a milkshake for me. Love ya sis.

Piper said...

wow, that is a lot of food. I wish I could have justification for that:). Enjoy those milkshakes!!! That's so awesome! You look great, and with those two little ones using up all those calories I am sure You will look great even with your daily shake.

Julie said...

Hi, Shannon. I just found your blog today (through a friend of a friend's blog), and I was excited to find someone else who is pregnant with twins! I'm 8 weeks along with twins, and I would love to know the name of the book you are reading on nutrition for a twin pregnancy. Like you, I'm getting tired of eating, too. I'm amazed at how hungry I am these days. Thanks and take care!