Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hallowrina

About a month ago Lucy decided she wanted to be a pink flower. I was brainstorming how I was going to make it happen and was happy with that idea. About a week later she was riding with a couple of friends and they said they were going to be ballerinas. She became passionate about being a ballerina also (the power of peer pressure). I thought that was a fine idea, but started looking around and decided it wouldn't be as easy as I thought. We decided to step away from being a ballerina, but ever sense, Halloween has been called Hallowrina. So finally she decided she wanted to be Lolly from Candy Land for Hallowrina. I told Lucy that was her final answer and we went with it. I took out the old sewing machine (which doesn't come out often enough), bought some candy, and went to work. As for Will, I was going to make him Lord Licorice from Candy Land, but the creative groove stopped and he became a M&M to go with the theme. They were so sweet (pun intended).


Our good friend Peter ends up spending a lot of special occasions with us, he's become a regular and joined us for an Autumn feast. Lucy and Will helped gather the leaves for the table and get ready for the meal. We had Cornish game hens and yams- pretty scrumptious.

Will was not at all pleased with his costume. Nate kept saying, "I don't blame him". Nate thought we should have made him a truck driver, knight, or warrior. The costume was looking hopeless until we started to give him a taste of what Halloween's about ... Candy! We started saying , "great costume Will, here have a piece of chocolate". It didn't take long before he decided he could cope with wearing the costume if the theme of candy continued.


Note above the chocolate around Will's mouth. Time to go out and get some more candy!



Above are our friends Maggie and Caroline who we ran into while trick-or-treating. These are the two who inspired the new name for Halloween, Hallowrina that is.
Time to come home and dig in!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

So many things to comment on! That looks like one scrumptious feast... wish I could have tried some. :) I love Will's face, in the shot where he is crying and when he has the chocolate around his mouth! Hallowrina, ha. I think we should start spreading the new term around. It's how girls celebrate Halloween. Oh, and how did you get so many pictures to fit on one post? You must share. We love and miss all of you! Kisses and hugs!

Love,
KK (and TT & AB)

Alyssa Reeve said...

Your kids are sooooo cute!! I love Lucy's costume.

Durr Family said...

Super cute creative ideas. Impressed with the sewing too.

Durr Family said...

Oh - I also must comment on the great feast. You always whip out the most amazing meals for large numbers of people. You'll have to tell me your secret.

Anonymous said...

You made both those costumes? You go girl...that is awesome! You need to teach me a thing or two! ;)
By the way, dinner looked awesome!!! I have a full stomach, but looking at it made my stomach growl!

Stacie296 said...

I love Lucy's costume! So cute. And her little expressions are to die for. Will with the chocolate reminds me of Elena. They'll put up with anything for some candy.

Rory and Jen said...

What a great Hallowrina! I loved hearing of the adventure. It made me think of how easy picking CJ's costume out this year was... I wanted her to be asland... not very girlie... but it was for a good cause.. we needed her to complete our trio. Someday not far from now she will be picking out her own costumes, I'll be knocking on your door for ideas!
Love, Jen

Tracy said...

Hallowrina...ha, I love it! Great costumes Shan...and that feast looks delicious!