Sunday, November 23, 2008

I think Boy

I purposely didn't post what I think because I didn't want to influence. It looks like from the previous post, the majority says boy. It might help to give some history to know why I say boy.

Little Lucy was supposed to be little Charlie, or so the ultra-sounds said. We literally didn't know until she was born that she was a girl, and she's been full of unexpecteds ever since. The reason why this is pertinent is because, well, there was this man. This man who had good information at the wrong time. I had been at a wedding and was about 45 weeks pregnant (not really, but it felt that way). Actually, I think the wedding was on my due date. The normal questions were coming up over and over again- at least a thousand times (really). (When's the due date? Boy or girl? How are you feeling?....) Best intentions from everybody, but too too much by the end. By the time we were leaving I had lost all tact. A man was getting on his motorcycle next to us and he said, "so, you're having a girl huh?" Usually I would say, "actually it's a boy", or something of the sort, but I just shout out at this poor man, "WRONG" and get in the car. If you know me this is not really in my personality. Well, it ends up I was the wrong one and now I've developed somewhat of a trust for random men predicting the sex of babies.

So, all that said, I have had two men tell me I'm having a boy. The first was the airport security guard. He was quite confident and told me I was having a son without even asking if I knew what I was having. The second was a man in the elevator. He too told me I was having a boy, no doubt. Now, if they were women, I don't know that I would have the same trust, but because I ate my words with Lucy I feel I owe it to those 2 men to believe them (that doesn't really make sense does it?) That's ok, I'm 39 wks prego, I don't need to make sense anymore (:

There's my very scientific reasoning, we'll see in T - 2 days!

4 comments:

Cutzi said...

I like your reason.

So... e-mail me. I have something sort of God-weird to share with you.

justinandcutzi@comcast.net

Donna said...

I think it makes perfect sense. :)
I am so excited, I can't wait to see those first pictures posted of your new family member. What a blessed day tomorrow will be! Our prayers are with You, Nate, Lucy, and Will.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the high chair!

I am absolutely praying for you and your family tonight and tomorrow!
Truly something to give Thanks for!

Sandy Williams said...

That's good logic. Makes sense to me and I'm not 39 weeks pregnant (or pregnant at all!)

Also,I thought I should mention that when you were having Lucy, Stacie told me you were having a boy, but I had a dream right before you had her that it was a girl. Weird because I never dream about you.

Anyway, I haven't had any dreams this time but I have a gut feeling it's a boy. So, I'm very interested to find out the gender.