Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SHE's here!


We are thrilled to announce our little girl
Ada Jackson Walker
7 lbs. 11 oz., 21 1/2 inches
Ada is a significant name for us. My mom's mom died when my mom was 1, and her name was Ada. From what we've heard, she was an amazing woman and we can see the evidence of that in my mom. We also wanted to honor Nate's mom by giving Ada the same middle name as her. Whenever we say her name it will remind us of these two beautiful women.





She is an amazing, healthy, beautiful little girl. We are so thankful. Thank you for your prayers!


28 comments:

Kelli said...

Congrats Walker Family! She is beautiful!
Love, The Seilbacks

Alyssa Reeve said...

Beautiful name for a beautiful little girl! Congrats you guys!!

Durr Family said...

She's really beautiful, Shannon. It brought tears to my eyes, and I so wish we could be there. I can't wait to meet her in January.

Kat said...

How exciting! She is beautiful. Can't wait to meet her.

What is Zuzuni? said...

Yeah! Ada is beautiful! Congrats!

Michael and Mandy said...

Olivia and I have been checking all day long. Hope you are able to rest tonight and snuggle with your new babe.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So excited for you...such a pretty name!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So excited for you...such a pretty name!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So excited for you...such a pretty name!

Brenna said...

I'm so happy that everything went well! She is so beautiful and I am so thrilled for you all.

Emily said...

congrats!! we are excited for you guys!

Sarah said...

congratulations friends- she is beautiful and what a beautiful name! So glad everything went well.

Kathy Day said...

Congratulations Walkers! We are so happy for you. :)

sbh said...

Baby Ada. Welcome. You are amazing.

Tracy said...

Welcome Ada! Congrats Walker Family, she is beautiful!

Donna said...

Welcome to the world Ada! She is beautiful! Congratulations to all of you. Blessings!

Lori said...

Shannon- I have been thinking about you all day!! I was so excited to see the news! She is beautiful, and so is her name!

Cutzi said...

Yay! Many, many congratulations to all of you! It brought a smile to my to read this news tonight.

Piper said...

Congratulations guys!!!
~Piper, Seth, and Áine

Stacie296 said...

Welcome Miss Ada. We love you already and cannot wait to meet you soon! Much love, Auntie Stacie, Uncle Ross, Emma and Elena

Erika said...

Yay! Congratulations. Good job mom and dad! We love her sweet name. She is beautiful.

Conner said...

she is beautiful!! Cannot wait to meet her

Sandy Williams said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations. I hope your recovery is swift.

By the way, how on earth do you find time to blog right after having a baby? You are one devoted blogger!!!

mel & chris said...

Hooray Shanny & Nate! Why oh why do you live so far away? I just want to come over and eat her up like a Thanksgiving turkey :) ... newborns are the most amazing creations. Love to you all!

Alissa said...

Congratulations! Ada is adorable and I LOVE her name!

Julie said...

Congratulations! Glad you both are safe and sound!

Brandywine said...

congratulations!! we are so glad to hear that Ada is here and yall are all doing well. you're in our prayers. can't wait to meet her!
Lanier and Leslie

Courtney Dey said...

Oh, Nate and Shannon. We are so happy for your growing family...with prayers and much joy ~ Courtney and Charlie