Sunday, March 29, 2009

These don't smell so good

IMG_1361

I'm definitely welcoming spring and the blooming that is happening. However, I'm not so much into welcoming allergies and the smell of these flowers (what are they called?), that are everywhere. I've been wanting to bring color and flowers in, so I went and cut a few to put in a vase. I LOVED how they looked, but just couldn't bear the smell. So, I'll just enjoy them from a distance I guess.

4 comments:

Jason E. Cochran said...

The dreadful Bradford Pear.

Anonymous said...

There were Bradford Pears all over campus at college and for about two weeks every spring the entire campus smelled like garbage! They are pretty though!

I have a question for you... Was it hard to make the decision to move far away from family and friends for Nate to go to school? I think we're about to do that and I could use any insight I can get!

Lindsey said...

oh yeah. the bradford pears. they make the whole city smell like poo.

Michael and Mandy said...

Don't feel bad - you are not the only person I know who has done that. Try bringing hyacinth in instead.