Why make plans? So, I've been planning on this November 20th due date for a while now. Today, I met with my doctor who will be doing the c-section and he showed some hesitation about doing the c-section at 37 weeks on the nose. He usually does twin deliveries at 38 weeks and because my blood pressure is under control, the babies look great, and there really are no reasons for concern , he doesn't see the harm in waiting a bit. There are more details, but I don't really feel like typing anymore. So, as of now we are planning on doing the c-section on Tuesday the 24th instead of Friday. So, looks like another Thanksgiving in the hospital.... and right now I am thankful that the "issue" that's come up is that I'm too healthy (:
The world's not healthy enough:
I just found out that due to all the sickness and H1N1 going around right now the hospital is only letting you have 2 support people in the hospital (one being the husband), during your whole stay. So, my mom is the only one who will get to meet the babies while we're in the hospital. It is a bummer. Lucy was really sad when I told her. However, it is what it is, and I realize it's all to protect the babies, which is good.

6 comments:
I know one more week probably seems like a long time in your shoes right now. Not having your kids come meet the twins at the hospital sounds really hard too. I will pray that the Lord will encourage you with little things this coming week. Hang in there. An extra week can do wonders for those little ones.
Wow! I've been praying for you and will continue to as you mentally adjust to these changes. Thanks for the update - looking forward to seeing the twins soon!
Praying for you guys! Love, the Owens
Our hospital did the same thing after Ms. Mia was born. It is a bummer, but it ensures that everyone stays healthy! Can't wait to meet the little twins!!!
Ah, that's hard, Shan. On both counts. I read last week about the hospital restrictions and was thinking how bummed I (and the older boys) would've been had that been the case for us. In the long run, it won't be a big deal, but it's the here and now we get emotional about. (((hugs))) to you
Post a Comment