Friday, October 31, 2008

The 25th @9

So, the c-section date has been set. No, this does not mean that I am for sure I am having a c-section, we're still praying the Lord will flip this baby, but if it doesn't flip it looks like it's Thanksgiving in the hospital! Wonder how their turkey is? I do remember after having Lucy and Will that turkey and mashed potatoes were what sounded good so this could work out alright. Anyway, the good news is that the amniotic fluid is higher, it was at about a 10 when she measured it (compared to a 6.5 at it's lowest)- praise God! I heard somewhere to not just drink water, but to add a little juice or something to it because it helps metabolize the liquid differently. I also heard to drink Gatorade. However, too much Gatorade was advised against because of the sodium, so my drink has been water with just a bit of Gatorade. Who knows if this helped, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case someone reading has low fluids too- give 'er a try. Well, happy Halloween- looking forward to all the cute pics of kids (and adults, hmmm...Jodi) dressed up tomorrow in blog world.

2 comments:

Durr Family said...

Such good news that fluids are going up. Maybe God will flip this kid. If not, we'll be praying for you on the 25th. Wish we could be there! I'll post a pic of my costume tonight. I'm kinda sick, so it will be a short evening, but we are going to go to the party.

ljbrouwer said...

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about Smart water last time we talked! It helped me a lot. It's sugar free and sodium free, but has electrolytes.