Monday, October 13, 2008
Baby update-33 weeks
So, I just got back from the doc and thought I'd do a little update. Let's see, where to start? Well, the baby is currently breech and it's looking like it's probably going to stay breech, which means c-section. I'm not thrilled about the whole c-section idea, but I really do just want what's best for the baby, so if a c-section is best, then I'm fine with that. The reason they don't think it's going to flip is because my amniotic fluids are a bit low, which makes it really hard for the baby to flip. They want the fluids to be anywhere from a 7-25, and mine have been a 7 for the last two visits. They aren't too concerned yet, but they are keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't go lower. I have to go the "high-risk" unit tomorrow or the next day to get things checked out more thoroughly and to make sure there aren't any underlying problems. I also am going to start weekly visits with my doc and once a week or twice a week visits with the "high-risk" doc. It's wierd to be put in the "high risk" category, I never would have guessed that to happen. She also suggested that I do (modified) bed rest. Pretty much this means that I should try not to cook, clean, exercise and do stairs too much- we'll see how that goes. As of now, there is nothing to be hugely concerned about. Thankfully, the baby is growing well (4.8 lbs), all it's parts look good and healthy, and all other factors are good. So really, the prayer is just that those fluids don't go down anymore. I'll post a pic soon of the growing belly- thanks for your care and prayers! I'll keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Hey...I'll call you tomorrow and we can chat baby and high risk. We can also chat meals and cleaning as you will be needing both. I'm free all day tomorrow (Tuesday) so let me know if I can help.
Shan I wish I was there to help you but I will be praying for you and the little one! Keep us updated...
We're praying for you. Mom gave me the update today. Call if you want to talk. I can tell by Brenna's comment that you are surrounded by people locally who will care for you. Wish I was one of them. Love you much.
Shannon, I am more than willing to help by cleaning your house or helping with the kids. PLEASE let me know what I can do.
Marilyn B.
Hi Walkers - you have been in my thoughts for weeks, and I follow your blog regularly. I sure miss seeing you guys and those delightful kids. I got kind of used to my St. Louis visits in '06-'07. Looking forward to seeing you more when you return to B'ham. In the meantime I will include you in my prayers. Love ya, Diane (aka Dee Dee Ahh)
I just wanted to say I love visiting your blog occasionally. You never cease to amaze and inspire me with your stories and beautiful pictures. Thank you! ~Sara Moriarty (high school friend of Kristen Mauss)
Shannon-
I hope that everything goes well, I know the end of pregnancy is always a little intense. Good Luck with the bed rest, it always sounds good in theary. Take care! Yeah for baby #3!
Shan - Loving you and praying for you and my little neice or nephew. Stacie
Hey Shannon, we will for sure keep you and baby walker in our prayers. Please keep the blog updated...maybe after seeing the high-risk doc. Love you and bless you all!!!
Post a Comment