Twin pregnancy is definitely different, as I'm sure I've said before. I think it's also so hard on my body because it's my fourth pregnancy- my body is tired. It's very odd, I feel the most uncomfortable at night time and when I wake up. My body is a balloon when I wake up, my hands are so swollen that I can't bend my fingers, and my hips- oh the hips. I'm getting used to waking up in the middle of the night, so it might help me ease into feeding the twins in the middle of the night. A friend treated me to an hour long pregnancy massage, which was a dream, I think I need one every day. Considering, I do think it could be a lot worse and the toll it's taking on my body seems endurable, especially since I only have a week and a half left. As far as twin pregnancies go, and even single prengnancies really, this has been quite uneventful. I did have the blood pressure scare, but it's been under control ever since I started taking it easy. So far I've gained just about 45 pounds which I'm pretty happy with. With all the extra weight, I get tired quick. Walking to the bathroom and back is tiring, holding Ada for more than 20 seconds is almost impossible, and flipping over in bed is actually probably one of the most painful things I do. The doctor gave me a goal of 45 pounds, so hopefully I'll be right about there. I know these details might not be all that interesting, but really, it's becuase if I don't write it down somewhere I'll never remember- this is my memory. I have a big ultra-sound Wed, so I'll post more info. then, but thought I'd type a little while my hand allowed.
Monday, November 9, 2009
35 1/2 wwek update
I'm almost there! To the 36 week marker, a BIG goal for mom's pregnant with twins. In fact, I've read quite often that 36 weeks is term for twins, I've also read 37 weeks, so I'm confused. Either way, to almost be at 36 weeks I am thrilled. My body, well, it's not so thrilled, it's taken quite a toll, I just hope the toll is temporary. I feel fortunate right now becasue I can actually type. I developed carpal tunnel in the last couple weeks so typing is hard, along with writing and fine-motor things. That to say, I'm super behind on "thank yous", so anyone reading this, if I owe you a thank you, one will (probably) come, but it might not be for a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I find it all really interesting... and I'm glad you share it.
And just so you know - you are hereby absolved of all "thank-you" writing obligations to me for the entirety of our friendship. I plan on bringing you some food sometime in the near future and I just have this thing about thank you's - especially when they're expected of new moms. Everyone knows you are grateful - I'm sure of it!
Bravo, Shannon! You are in the home stretch.
You are doing great, especially having 3 other people to look after! I officially took myself off bedrest at 36 weeks, though the funny thing was I was too tired and uncomfortable to do anything but lay on the couch and bed! I got the crazy carpel tunnel thing too. I used to wear my roller blade wrist guards to bed. Ridiculous I know, but it helped! Hang in there... you are almost to the finish line! You will feel like yourself again soon. Write if you need anything. Praying for you and your family! Keep cooking those babies. You are amazing!
Don't do thank yous!! I don't think you owe me one, but if you do, DON'T DO IT!!!
Congratulations!!! You've (almost) made it!!!
Post a Comment